Report launch: “True value – towards ethical public service commissioning”: Tuesday 7 December from 10.30 a.m., Churchill War Rooms, Whitehall
‘True Value: towards ethical public service commissioning’ is a major new research project from Localis which aims to address how we should triangulate the capabilities and willingness of central and local government, a diverse and innovative supplier base and the communities where services will be delivered and projects completed on the ground.
Taking as its starting point the findings from 2020’s ‘Brighten All Corners – maximising social value in place’ this project has investigated common threads across three key policy strands, to unravel the links between total public procurement spend in place with local economic growth, and the impacts on social wellbeing, place prosperity and innovation and research.
- Peter Baldwin, Divisional Managing Director, Mears Group
- Alan Long, Executive Director, Mears Group
- Isabelle Parasram, Chief Executive, Social Value UK
- Cllr Paul Swaddle, Cabinet Member for Finance, Westminster City Council
- Professor Chris White, Director of Industrial Policy and Insight Centre at the MTC, Visiting Professor of Industrial Strategy at Loughborough University
Watch the launch of True Value on Youtube:
Research workstream kindly sponsored by: